20061216

The danger of Firefox

Returning to my PC after several months means that inevitably half the software on it will be out of date and insisting on being updated on pain of death or incessant pop-ups (it's a toss up as to which is worse).

One of the updates has been the latest version of Firefox which supports even better tabbing than previously. However for the likes of me who likes to have loads of windows open it's dangerous. With other browsers everything starts to get clumsy after a certain number of windows are open, such as the old IE making windows tabs group together which I always loathed but Firefox can show ten tabs and has a handy scroller to accommodate more. As a result I've now got no less than 30 tabs open in Firefox alone! It works well for the way I work but in some ways I could do with some limitations to keep my jumping browsing habits in check!

No comments: